The Nachtigall was built in the 17th century. It was owned by the prince-bishop where it was used mainly for agricultural and forestry work.

 Since 1891 the Nachtigall has been in family hands. And through development of the farm building today’s restaurant has been created.

After a 32 year leasing period in 1991 it was decided that the business should be run by the Rempe Family. Today the Nachtigall is owned by Katharina Rempe (born) Grundmeier.
In 2004 the Nachtigall re-furbished and modernised, maintaining the main character of the building and so merging impressive historical, modern, rustic and elegant elements.


To increase the facilities in 2007 the ground stones were laid for the new adjoining hotel building.
The new four stars hotel which was built by Robert and Herbert Rempe and was opened in March 2008.